No products in the cart.
As a pumping parent, you may be worried about how to effectively sterilize your breast pump parts between uses. Sterilization and sanitization can be tricky, but it doesn’t need to be.
At Mothers Choice Products, we love these CleanEase Steam Sanitization Bags from Ameda. These reusable bags are great for quick and easy sanitization of your breast pump parts including flanges, flange adaptors, diaphragm, valves, and any other microwave safe, silicone products that you use as part of your breastfeeding or infant feeding regimen. If you use nipple shields or a Flexishield insert, you can also throw those into the bag.
Ameda CleanEase bags are made of food-grade Polypropylene, which is safe for use in a microwave, and each bag can be used up to 20 times. These bags are the largest on the market so you can sanitize many parts all at once.
Watch our quick overview video to learn how to safely use the Ameda CleanEase Sanitization bags or if you prefer to read the information, just keep scrolling to read our overview below.
How To Use Ameda CleanEase Sanitization Bags | Mama Bear Club
*Shared from Mother’s Choice Products
1. Clean Your Breast Pump Parts: The first step is to give your pump parts a wash. Make sure to wash off all visible milk so that it doesn’t cook onto your pump parts when steaming.
2. Open your CleanEase bag: These bags open just like a Ziplock bag. Once you pop open the zip, they can easily be pushed open to stand on the table, ready for use.
3. Fill With Water: Add 60mls (2.02 fl oz) of water and then add your pump parts.
4. Add Breast Pump Parts to the CleanEase Bag: Put into the bag your bottle, valve, flange and diaphragm. Thre’s no need to put in your tubing or adapter cap as those do not need to be sanitized. Note: If you happen to be using a Flexishield Silicone flange insert with your pump, you can place that in your steam bag. Nipple shields can also be placed into the steam bag.
5. Zip Up the Bag: When you’ve added your breast pump parts into the bag, simply zip the bag closed. When the bag is closed, you will see a red section on one side. This is the steam vent. Caution: this red zone is the part of the bag here steam escapes, so be careful of this section when removing the bag after steaming.
6. Put in Microwave & Steam Away: When you’re ready to go, simply place your CleanEase bag into the microwave. The time that it will take in the microwave, is dependent on the wattage of your microwave. Generally, it will take between two and five minutes.
7. Carefully Remove CleanEase Bag from Microwave: When your microwave is done, you’ll want to carefully remove from the bag, avoiding the steam vent, and pour the remaining water into your sink. When all the hot water is removed, carefully open your bag. And that’s it! Now you can take your pump parts out and place them on a paper towel or a clean tea towel to dry. Once dry, they are fully sanitized and ready to use again.